Bookings have opened for ‘ONTRAC’ Teen Program in Term 4!
OnTrac is not a support group but rather a skills building group, of no more than 10 participants, where the emphasis is on using a collaborative approach to help build skills that are relevant to the lives of adolescents with ADHD and the transition to adulthood.
The program will run 4 times a year, following the school terms.
The following conditions apply:
- Participants to this program need to be between the ages of 14 and 18, and have a diagnosis of ADHD.
- Participants need to be able to commit to 6 sessions of 2 hours each, to be held at LADS in Nedlands on Wednesday evenings from 17:00 to 19:00 PM.
- Parent involvement is required, however, this is minimal as the adolescent is the main collaborator, allowing for increased independence and opportunities to build confidence in their own abilities.
- In order to benefit from Medicare's rebateable services, participants need to have a referral from their Paediatrician, Psychiatrist or a Mental Health Plan (MHP) from the GP stating the services item number which is as follows: Group Therapy item no 80120.
- After registration, a 30 minute pre-program interview will be conducted with parents and participant.
To find out more about the program, please click here!