Advocacy is all about speaking up about rights, preferences and needs and communicating clearly about what you want.
This introductory course is designed for adults with ADHD and associated conditions, as well as those who support them, to learn more about rights, responsibilities and how to advocate effectively.
Content covered includes:
- Your rights and responsibilities
- Making your own choices
- The confidence to speak up
- Communicating clearly
- Legal issues: privacy, disability, disclosure, employment and training access, discrimination
- Accessing information and support
- Advocacy tools and techniques
- Negotiation skills
This training is presented in partnership with the WA Association for Mental Health (WAAMH).
11 Aberdare Rd
Nedlands, WA 6009
Google map and directions